• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Unable to print recipes

L

limbo696

I always get a blank page when I try to print out a recipe.  Print Preview shows a blank page too.  The recipe displays just fine on the screen in the two modes, so I cannot determine what is up.
Thanks.
-bob crane

Bob,
  BeerSmith uses a Microsoft Explorer control for printing.  I recommend taking a look at your Microsoft Explorer printer settings to see if there is a problem there.  Open Explorer and go to the File menu to check the print setup and try printing a web page from explorer.  Once you have this working, open BeerSmith and try it from there.

Cheers!
Brad

I have been able to print in the past.  If I click the recipes folder and get a general overview of the recipes, I can print those.  However, when I select an individual recipe, the page just shoes a temporary file on the bottom and the date; the rest of the page is blank.  Every other printing function in the program seems to work.  I think my recipe template may be messed up; is there somewhere I can download the regular recipe template?

Bob,
  You can download and reinstall BeerSmith (be sure to use the setup.exe program and install it from a temporary directory).  This should restore any templates if they were deleted or altered by accident.

As always, it is a good idea to back up your recipes first.

Cheers!

Brad

I just re installed for the second time. no recipe preview and cant print shopping list or copy paste.
My pencil and pen work but Id like to be able to print

Back