• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ideas for making my own labels?

Brewmex41

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I wanna start putting labels on my beers, especially the ones i give away.
Does anyone have some thoughts on what to use for the label's? I was using the mailing address sticky labels, but you can't really edit them very much. Just plain Jane text.

Anyone who does their own labels care to share some insight on what programs to use and or what kind of paper to use?

Thanks.

http://www.beerlabelizer.com/

I use this website.  A few of them are free.  Others you have to pay for.  Print them out on regular printing paper.

If you have a laser printer, you can soak the label in milk and it will stick.  Just don't put them in a cooler with ice or they come off.

If you use inkjet to print them, you'll have to use glue stick to put them on.  The milk soaking will cause inkjet colors to run and bleed.

I use inkjet and glue stick for the bottles that I give away as gifts.

My LHBS has these packs of standard letter size (8.5" x 11") sheets for making labels, one side has an adhesive substance - like an old stamp; lick it and stick it. I load them into a color printer, format my labels on the computer, and print, cut, moisten, and stick to the bottle. Comes back off after a soak in hot water.

Scott Ickes said:
http://www.beerlabelizer.com/
I use this website.  A few of them are free.  Others you have to pay for.  Print them out on regular printing paper.
If you have a laser printer, you can soak the label in milk and it will stick.  Just don't put them in a cooler with ice or they come off.

I follow the same procedure. I had some problems in the beginning using most probably printing paper that had a kind of coating/fine structure. Now I use the cheapest regular printing paper and it works very well. Not only do the labels stick very well soaked in hand warm milk, but also removing the labels when re-using your bottles is very easy.

Back