• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Miscellaneous Ingredients for "Steep/Whirlpool"

Jackson

Apprentice
Reaction score
I use a Hop Rocket and select "Steep/Whirlpool" for the leaf hops used in my recipes. I want to add miscellaneous ingredients such as herbs and other natural aromatic leaves, but when these are added to my miscellaneous inventory, they cannot be used for "Steep/Whirlpool". I have to add these ingredients as "Hops" in my inventory to be able to "Steep/Whirlpool" with them. I would like to "Steep/Whirlpool" with miscellaneous ingredients. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this something that could be requested as a software enhancement?

Nope, you're not doing anything wrong.

By adding these as zero minutes, they're in the wort for whirlpool by default. Otherwise, as you've discovered, to get the level of detail you're asking they have to be considered "hops" at this time.

You could just put them in and see what it tastes like. If it sucks.... leave it out next time. If it is good.... share.

Freak said:
You could just put them in and see what it tastes like. If it sucks.... leave it out next time. If it is good.... share.

I don't think the OP was wondering if an ingredient tasted good. Rather, he was asking about how to get BS to record when he added them.

Back