• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Notes field suggestion

w2ec

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm a new user to BeerSmith and find it much better than anything else I've tried, except in the area of the Notes field. I tend to keep a lot of notes and really miss the ability to expand the Notes field (as a separate window?) so I can get a better view of what I am editing, and also the ability to change the font of the Notes field. As it is, I currently cut my Notes field out and past it into a Wordpad window, do my editing there, then paste it back into the Notes field. I'd even be willing to continue to do that, except for the fact that the font I use in Wordpad does not get carried back into the BeerSmith Notes field. I like to use a monospace font like Courier so I can maintain a consistent alignment of characters/table data, but when I copy the text file back into Notes, it is converted back to a proportional font so the tables are all out of alignment.

Any chance of getting the ability to change the fonts in the Notes field, and even better, the ability to also expand the notes field for ease of data entry? 

Hi,
  I guess it would be possible to have a popup or something to provide more space to enter notes.  However, formatting options would be a little more complex since I would have to make significant changes to the underlying file formats.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Brad

Back