• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Using juice concentrate to bottle carbonate questions.

Brewmex41

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I recently brewed up a Graff. I want to bottle carbonate with frozen Apple juice concentrate to really boost the Apple flavor.
According to the juice concentrate there are 29g sugar per serving and 8 servings per can. So the whole thing has 232g sugar which is 8.1 oz sugar. According to Brewer's friends app I'll need about 4 .5 oz cane (table) sugar to carbonate 5.25 gallons to 2.5 vol co2. Can I just add a little over half the can to the bottling bucket and call it good or is there anything else i need to consider here?

At Whole Foods and similar stores, you can get "Just Juice" made by Knudsen.  They are owned by Smuckers.  They specialize in juices with no preservatives, etc.

The concentrate from most stores doesn't have any. I checked when i bought it for the boil.

Back