• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Creating the mash profile

lucimar

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello

I am using the beersmith 2 full version. I am creating my infusion mash profile and while creating the steps there is a field to be filled called 'water do add' and this number is modified in the brew steps. I'll give an example.

I have a equipament profile for 50 liters, if I add 10 in that field in the first mash step it will show me to add 11,96l in the brew steps... then it asks me to "Batch sparge with 2 steps (Drain mash tun , 66,68l) of 76,0 C water"

For me, this doesn't make sense at all... I have also another equipament profile with 20liters. As it is seems that I cannot use the same mash profile for both equipament profiles.

Can someone explain me how to setup this? wich value should I enter there?

thanks
Lucimar

Can you export and upload the mash profile?

Profiles > Mash > [click to highlight the profile]

Right click the profile and select "Export Selected."

lucimar said:
I have a equipment profile for 50 liters, if I add 10 in that field in the first mash step it will show me to add 11,96l in the brew steps... then it asks me to "Batch sparge with 2 steps (Drain mash tun , 66,68l) of 76,0 C water"

In your equipment profile, or on the Mash tab, if you have a number in "Lauter Tun Deadspace" and have checked the "Adjust Mash Vol..." box; BeerSmith will add this to your strike water volume.

The batch sparge portion is what it takes to fill your kettle based on what you put as your preboil volume in the equipment profile. The amount is accounting for what you'll get from first runnings minus the grain absorption.

As it is seems that I cannot use the same mash profile for both equipment profiles.

Mash profiles should adjust according to the equipment profile. However, when switching a recipe from one size to the next, it's best to use the "scale recipe" function of BeerSmith.

Hi Brewfun
thanks for the explanation. It solved my issue. Scaling the receipt the volume is adjusted now. See attached the requested file.

Attachments

• kolsch.bsmx
    5.3 KB · Views: 161
Back