• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

sparge profile

PhotogScott

Brewer
Reaction score
How do I set up a sparge profile.  I want my own water/grain ratio in order to increase efficiency

Select "mash profiles from the left column and then either select a mash profile similar to what you want or create your own "new mash Profile" if you select a pre installed profile by double clicking on it you will see the mash profile editor screen. If you double click on the first mash step it will bring up the mash step editor and from there you can edit the water to grain ratio and also your step temp,time ect.

Cheers
Andrew

Editing the mash step only gives the option of water to grain ratio in the mash in.  Is there a way to set a permament sparge ratio (in my case 2 qts/pound) that allows the boil time or some other variable to adjust?

The sparge amount is fixed based on your batch size, boil time and other variables. The sparge volume will adjust automatically based on all of these variables. There is a batch sparge option that allows you to select the volume % of each batch sparge or if you want equal amounts ect.

Cheers
Andrew

Back