• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

online stores

all grain

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
well I hate to do it but my LHBS has disappointed me for the last time. will not go into details but I'm now in the market for a good online suppler. I've herd good things about morebeer and I like there prices better then Midwest and NB. anyone have any experience with morebeer , good, bad. thanks. 

I've ordered from them three times in the past year.  So far, very happy with their prices, service and quality of the ingredients. 

MoreBeer is great I think.  Just wish they had a wider selection sometimes.  You can also check out Adventures in Homebrewing.  They have a wider selection and I go there there first for parts no else seems to carry.

I've ordered lots of equipment from Adventures in Homebrewing. They're nice people.  Never ordered from morebeer that I can think of.  William's is overpriced in my opinion.

I haven't ordered any grain online because shipping is a female dog.

Do you have any local health food stores? Several around here have little home brewing alcoves, and because it's not their sole source of income they have less of a markup. Additionally, they order things for me that they don't regularly carry, and a markup that is less than what I would pay for shipping. Assuming their supplier carries it. Granted I have to wait until they get their next pallet, which might be a couple weeks, but if you brew then you have patience.

Also there may be a home brewing club in your area. Have you checked? Sometimes several brewers will order a pallet to save on shipping.

My first LHBS was a beer and wine shop that carried home brew stuff in the back.

Shop at a  place that depends on home brewing supplies for all their income, and you're going to pay for it. Check around. There may be other stores that carry brewing supplies that aren't dedicated to it, or even advertise themselves as such.

It's a heck of a drive to any homebrew store for me so I've ordered from all the online stores.  Shipping can't even begin to compare to the gas to get to a store, not to mention the day spent driving there and back.
By far my favorite is morebeer.  The prices are good and service is great.  Fast shipping, items packed well, order always right.
I forgot a couple things in my order before and contacted them and they expedited straightening out my order.
Only one time have I had a problem with an order.  I had a fermentation bucket show up and the edge had been bent some in shipping.  Wasn't going to bother the seal so all was good.  I sent them an email just so they would know that there shipper had thrashed the box, but the bucket was good to go, even if a little less pretty.  Without hesitation they sent another bucket out that day.
Always first rate service.    I highly recommend them.

My LHBS is Stubbie's Texas Brewing Inc.  Theye have an online store and seem to run a solid operation.

http://www.txbrewing.com

well I have joined the ranks of those waiting to hear the horn of the delivery truck. thanks for all the input.

I use MoreBeer for most of my ingredients.  They offer free shipping for most items (once your order gets over $59), ship fast (usually get my stuff in 2 days), and have excellent customer service.  The couple of times that I did have an issue with an order they responded quickly and shipped out the correction next day service.

Correct me if I am wrong, but, I thought that when you purchase from MoreBeer, you are also helping out BeerSmith.

Back