• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sexy September HOPS!!!

SteeleDistilled

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey everyone well I knew if the title had "sex" in it you would open it ha ha

Ok here is my question.

I live in the PNW and we have amazing weather to grow some pretty incredible hops. I LOVE stouts, porters, and beers like Alaskan Amber.

Knowing that those are my favorite types of beers what hop/hops would you recommend I grow to use in my beers? There are SO many varieties I just don't even know where to begin.

Please pass me your thoughts!

My space is very limited so I have 3 cascade vines and one chinnok. This gives me all the bittering and aromatics I can use. For a while I was hung up on growing more varieties, but I've found that I get plenty of great beers with what I have by varying the amounts and boil times.

So you think in general that hops are hops? I mean to be honest I have never really been able to taste a difference between two different kinds but I wanted to get everyone's opinions.

Back