• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help not working

mcdonald_ajr

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I get this pop up when I try to access help from the help menu. I tried reinstalling BeerSmith. I am a first time user running on a Mac.

The error message starts "Failed to open URL"

The path you are showing there points to an installer package (and not the Applications directory).  If you install and run the program from the Applications directory on the Mac it should correct the problems you are having.

The correct procedure is to open the installer package, drag the app over to the Applications folder shortcut shown in the installer and then (this is key) run the program from the Applications directory.  My guess is you may have accidentally dragged the app from the installer package to your shortcut bar at the bottom of the screen instead of placing the copy in the Applications directory on your shortcut bar.

Brad

Back