• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

elementaryos (ubuntu 14.04) freezing

gozer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm using elementary "freya" which is in beta (2), but it is based on ubuntu 14.04 and using a modified version of gnome-shell.

BeerSmith2 freezes consistently. Usually in less than 5 minutes of use. I have tried deleting the data files and starting from scratch, but still freezes.

Not only does the app freeze and become unresponsive, but it affects the entire desktop environment. Only the mouse moves and I am unable to click on anything or switch to another application.

The only way to recover is to reboot the system.

I have seen this on other hardware using gnome-shell (debian) but never this frequent and consistent.

I have tried opening from a terminal shell (ctrl+alt F2 or F1) but beersmith shows no errors when it freezes.

EDIT: I can get it to freeze by closing or switching between tabs. It seems to hang for a moment, then it's frozen and I have to reboot.

Thanks,
  I've not had a chance to install the Beta version of Ubuntu yet - but I'll add it to my list of items to check for the next set of updates.

Brad

Back