• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

saison fermentation

K

KernelCrush

I know its after Labor Day, but I'm still doing Saisons, have a few repitches to go.  I've done a couple using the JZ pitch at 68, ramp up to mid 80's method.  Using 565, 566, 568 blended.  Anyone have results on other ways to manage fermentation?

I use ECY08 for the saisons I've done.  I start it at 70+ degrees and then used to let it go crazy in my 90° garage.  Now, I use a heating belt and temp controller and just set it at around 85-90.

Mark

I never thought to look at ECY.  Too bad they don't have a retailer in my neck of the woods. They sure have a couple of interesting saison strains (apple spice too) and you got to love their cell counts. 

I been using one of those gooseneck flexible desk lamps with the bulb plunged down to the bottom of a coffee can.  Stick it in the fridge with a controller and its baking away at 85.  Ive had great attenuation with this blend but the yeast flavor fades in a couple months... it was great fresh

Back