• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Homebrew Dilemma

Slobrew

Master Brewer
Reaction score
When I first started making beer I'd have one 22oz bottle a night. Still drank my everyday beer, but looked forward to my bottle a day of my own brew, This way my homebrew would last about 24 days. Now a bottle a day isn't enough, my old standby commercial beer is lasting longer and my homebrew is disappearing quicker. I keg now and can keep 4 corny's in the keezer, but it is always a little sad when the tap starts blowing gas instead of beer. I don't want to spend all my time brewing, but I do like the homebrew.

Attachments

• DSCF2492.JPG
    DSCF2492.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 4
Scott Ickes said:
Brewmex41 said:
What's the problem?

I agree!  I don't see a problem.

You have two choices, as I see it.  Brew more often, or brew larger batches.

Maybe three options. Brew larger batches more often.

I have the opposite issue. My beer consumption is declining, but I still want to brew as much as I ever did.

grathan said:
I have the opposite issue. My beer consumption is declining, but I still want to brew as much as I ever did.

You need more friends, man....  :p

grathan said:

Well looks like we can solve both of our problems if you start coming over an brewing. I promise to stand around, drink beer, and give you lots of peer support.

grathan said:

I have the same problem!!

Upgrade your capacity to 10 or 12 gallons per batch, grab extra cases of poly bottles to fill from the tap,  and drink homebrew all the time. CHEERS!

brewfun said:
grathan said:

You need more friends, man....  :p

Nah, just need to get back off from night shift work.

For me it depends on how much I like the beer. I brew some styles I don't care for just to see what they turn out like. I brew some beers I would never buy in the shops and others that I cannot buy. The only beer I will never make is hefeweizen because I hate banana flavour in beer.

I brewed a Deuchars IPA clone a while ago which turned out very hazy but it tasted great. It's the style of beer I like most so it didn't last three weeks. I have a Kolsch which technically is the best beer I've ever made but I dont like it so much so it's lasted a lot longer.

Back