• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

beersmith on linux

leon2982

Apprentice
Reaction score
hope I have the correct section to post this. I know some have had trouble installing on linux; I have tried many times without much success. I wanted to use an old laptop in my brewing area for running my beersmith timer and updating brew session info. I tried several standard linux distributions without much success then stumbled upon the lubuntu distribution. I was able to get beersmith installed first try with no issues are all. this old laptop only has 1GB memory and 80GB disk but its running fine. just an fyi for anyone struggling with beersmith and linux or for anyone looking to run the software on a spare old pc/laptop.

Thanks
  Yes the Linux version was compiled and is maintained under Ubuntu, so it works best under that distribution.  Some other distributions (particularly RPM) are much more challenging to install and get working.  I recommend Ubuntu for BeerSmith and Linux.

Brad

Back