• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Trying to unlock for a fouth time, no workey.

poifox

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased my BeerSmith license a few months back, and since then I've been loving it!

I use my office desktop as my main brew-development machine but I have also unlocked the program in a couple of laptops I used on brewdays, they're my own laptops so no, I'm not distributing my license.

I tried to unlock the program on yet a third brand new laptop the other day and it wouldn't work. I'm wondering if the license has a limit on how many times it can be used to unlock the software.

Details:

[list type=decimal]
[*]I installed the latest version of the program from beersmith.com
Entered my license key and the program said everything was done successfully.
Closed and re-opened the program and it asks for my license key again, like I had done nothing.
Same if I restart the computer after unlocking the software.
Also tried unlocking and changing some settings right after the unlock, like changing from imperial to metric, and even changing the documents folder path, but to no avail.
[/list]

Running on Windows 7 machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

poifox said:
I'm wondering if the license has a limit on how many times it can be used to unlock the software.

The EULA states the limit at two machines.

A new machine installation should default to the trial period. The errors your getting are related to that computer, not to how many licenses you have. I suggest you try another fresh install, then run the Windows compatibility wizard on BeerSmith.

brewfun said:
The EULA states the limit at two machines.

Yes, I'm aware of that, I uninstalled the program from the other machines before starting with a new one, I lonly keep the office desktop with a permanent copy.

Will perform your suggestion when I get back home today. Thanks!

Back