• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Pale Chocolate malt??

Notabene

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi! Newbie here. Just purchased Beersmith2 and started to enter a recipe that I got from the place where I took my first brewing lesson. It's a Black beer /schwarzbier and it uses Thomas Fawcetts Pale Chocolate Malt. To my surprise I can't find this particular grain in BS2, or in the addons. And you can't add grain on your own, can you? Anybody with a great solution to this problem?

I thought it was in the Fawcett malts add-on, but I may be mistaken.  You can add any grain you want.  Copy something close to what you are adding and paste it back in to the grain ingredient list.  You can open it up and change the name and properties to match the specs of the grain you want.

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely give it a try. And, no, it wasn't in the Thomas Fawcett add ons, as one might have expected.

Yes you can add grain on your own, open the grain file by clicking on ingredient/grain then with the grain windo open click on the grain symbol in the tool bar and it will open a window for you to add your grain.

Thanks RickS, that did the trick! Found the specs of Pale Chocolate Malt with a simple Google search, and added it as You suggested. Weird, though, that you can't find it in the Thomas Fawcett add ons. Anyways, problem solved! :D

Back