• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I found a recipe online and I want to put it into beersmith

xBOBxSAGETx

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have no details on this guys brew setup but it's 6 gallons and I want to brew with my 1 gallon setup.  Sorry I'm still new to brewing and I really don't know the technical stuff, I just know how to brew with my setup.  This is for a Stone Enjoy By Clone BTW if anyone wants to use it :)

OG: 1.081
FG: 1.010
ABV: 9.4%
IBU: 90
6 Gallons

8.25lbs English Pale Malt (3.5L)
8.25lbs 2-row
1lb Dextrose
Mash at 147* for 75min
2oz Belma (Calypso) - Mash Hopped
10ml Hop Extract @ 90min
1oz ea. Simcoe, Belma (Delta), Northern Brewer(Target), Amarillo @ 15
1.25oz ea. Citra, Cascade, Centennial (Motueka) @ Flameout
Whirlpool for 20min
WLP090 - Super San Diego Yeast
Dry Hop 1: 1.5oz ea Nelson Sauvin & Galaxy
Dry Hop 2: 1.5oz ea Nelson Sauvin & Galaxy

You'll probably be fine just dividing the ingredients by 6 and going from there.
If your OG is off you can adjust the ingredients accordingly next time.

Orrrrrrrr, upgrade to 6 gallon batch equipment  ;D

use a profile for 5.5 gallons, with 0.5 gallons loss to trub. Once the recipe is entered and saved, use the Scale Recipe wizard to scale it to your system.

brewfun said:
use a profile for 5.5 gallons, with 0.5 gallons loss to trub. Once the recipe is entered and saved, use the Scale Recipe wizard to scale it to your system.
+1.  That's what I was going to say.  Use the software's "Scale Recipe" tool. 

brewfun said:

This worked perfect!!  Thanks a lot!

Back