Author Topic: grain mill build  (Read 4571 times)

KernelCrush

grain mill build
« on: October 25, 2014, 08:56:59 AM »
I had to do a little rework on my mill stand.  Replaced the old wore out plywood deck with aluminum.  Thought I would post the pics here if anyone can use them. During the initial build involving some late nights my wife would call me in "Come to bed Captain Crush".  My mill was later promoted to Kernel.

There's a silly video in there too

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7x2lfd1es2b37on/AACwuTeTBQeB4qDUaCCuUakBa?dl=0
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:59:27 AM by KernelCrush »

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Malt dust is just alcohol's glitter
Re: grain mill build
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
sweet! Great origin story for your handle, too!
Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.

KernelCrush

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »
Yea, I like to remember her in a flowing negligee calling me to bed, but it was more like a bathrobe & hair curlers screaming at me to get some sleep so I can get to work!

Offline BeerNut

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • Beer, Beer, Glorious Beer.....
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
Nice Build.
"This is grain... which any fool can eat. But for which the Lord intended, a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about..... beer."

Drinking vanilla porter, 90 IPA, 60 IPA, Irish Red Braggot. On Deck hefeweizen, Irish Red, Steam

KernelCrush

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »
Thanks, its an ever evolving project.  The only thing I'm not happy with now is the wood block that distributes the grain over the rollers.  I am thinking it deserves a new aluminum block that can be removed and attached to the roller mill ends quickly

modification