• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bulk tubing

Slobrew

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have a four corny keg system and I'm getting ready to replace the beer line tubing. Buying the tubing at the homebrew store seems to be an expensive way of getting it. Do any of you have a good reasonably priced source for beer line tubing? I'm thinking that if I have good tubing at a good price then I can stop cleaning the tubing that I have and just replace it after ever other keg or so.

Replacing the lines beats cleaning them for me too.  I keep a unused 6" sample by my kegerator and compare it to the installed line.  As soon as it starts to show an off color it gets replaced.  Its not the cheapest way to go, but you should get a lot more than 1 or 2 kegs from it before replacing.  I think you said you were in Florida, there's a Micromatic warehouse over just north of Tampa.

I'm curious on this one too.  Last time I hit the Depot I saw "Latex free" tubing and was curious if this was food grade or not.

I went to goggle and eventually ordered this tubing from amazon.com "ATP Vinyl-Flex PVC Food Grade Plastic Tubing, Clear, 3/16" ID x 5/16" OD, 100 feet Length". Final cost including tax was around $13. This is like going to the homebrew stores and buying 13 foot and getting 87 foot for free. Now just have to wait and see what the quality is, but I figured for the money it was worth the risk.

KernelCrush = Thanks for the Micro Matic input. Looks like they have a store in Brooksville which is about 30 minutes from me.

Changing it that often seems a bit over kill, but to each his own.
I clean my tubing regularly. PBW,  coil clean, sulfate solution... sometimes have to soak a bit . I don't find any noticeable off color.
I would not use any tubing that didn't have "NSF" stamped on it. (or also bevlex)
Quality over quantity, tubing made  just for beer lines for me. I think generic tubing stains more easily.  Also cheaper lines affect the pour.

I now have the tubing and I'm happy with it. It is the same ID as what I had before but it is a smaller OD, so the plastic clamps I had on some of my connections don't work anymore but the small metal hose clamps that I prefer anyway work fine. The beer out taste pretty good to me.

If your replacing any tubing I would use a food grade tubing.  Also after I clean my tubing I use my air compressor to blow it dry.

Back