• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printing the shopping list locks up printer

Tippy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Every time I try to print the shopping list it locks up my printer.  I have tried using both the big and little button to print from.  It sends me to the print screen where I get to choose my printer and number of copies.  When I push print on that screen it sends to the print cache but trips my printer up.  Printer tells me I have to shut it down before resuming.  I have to cancel the print job and reboot the printer before I can print anything else.  Printing recipes works fine.  Printer is an HP 8500 that is connected wirelessly.  Any thoughts?

Tippy said:
Printer is an HP 8500 that is connected wirelessly.  Any thoughts?

I have had eleventeen thousand problems with that model printer.

I had to go to the HP driver site and reload the drivers onto my computer using their wizard. The printer also seems more stable when it's wired into a server computer and shared, rather than used wirelessly.

Re-installing the driver did the trick!  I am not a fan of this model printer either.  I've had two of them and they are goofy.  I don't like the fact that you cant print if one of the ink colors is empty...why do I need yellow to print black and white!  lol.

Back