• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

water conversions....

J

jab688

greetings to all, i have decided to try to duplicate the fine outstanding brewing water of Munich but, alas the water conversion tool has left me lost. has anyone figured it out with say distilled water? my local Tallahassee :-\  fl water makes it quite interesting to plug and play.
thanks.
the attachment is Munich via distilled water. i wish we had something to take away not just add to the chemical composition.

Attachments

• munichdistilledwater.bsm
    731 bytes · Views: 0
Hi,
  Have you tried using the water tool to determine how much of your water and how much distilled water you need?  The new water tool lets you include two waters and mix them, so if you start with a base water and add an amount of distilled water you should be able to balance the profile.

Then its just a matter of adding both waters to the recipe (your regular water, plus the correct amount of distilled water plus any water additions if needed) to get to the overall solution.

Cheers!
Brad

thanks. i do apreacieate your help. i have steadily been messing with it. and with my local water i have gotten very close. minus the magnesium but, my beir books say it shouldn't affect the tast. heres my latest labeled bestmunich. so far. thanks so much for takeing a interest in my delema.

Attachments

• bestbet.bsm
    731 bytes · Views: 1
Back