• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Timer

vernitron

Apprentice
Reaction score

How do you get rid of the Extract Grain Steep Time in the timer? It is set for 30 minutes and I don't have any steeping grains.

Post your recipe.  You must have something marked for steeping in your recipe design.  When I try to do an extract without any steeping grains, the timer does not show any step for steeping.  As soon as I add a steeping grain, it appears as a step in the timer.

Hi thanks for the the response. I posted it in the cloud. Weeheavy is the name.

I'm confused...

The recipe you posted is an all grain product. This requires a mash.

The steps you posted accurately reflect the mash schedule in the recipe. The rests of 122, 148 and 168 are all shown in the timer schedule. It appears you've added the upper and lower temperature rests to the  "Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge" profile.

So, since this isn't an extract batch, there are no steeping steps, just multiple infusions.

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong. What am I missing?

Perhaps I am the one truly confused! The image in the first post shows the boil timer starting off with a 30 minute delay. At the end of boil section it says the boil time is 1:30 hours. Is that correct for a 60 minute boil? Is the timer accounting for the delay to bring the temp up to boiling?
Thanks

OK, I d/l'd the recipe and looked at what you are doing. 

You have a 90 minute boil and a 60 minute fuggles addition listed on the design page. 

The program is having you boil the wort from your mash for 30 minutes before the first addition of the fuggles (60 minute mark -- countdown). 

The time you are looking at on the timer is for extract recipes only and is grayed out because it is not being used.  You can ignore this for an all-grain recipe.

Thanks! Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. Appreciate your help

Back