• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Scale Recipe Button

battz

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just bought Beersmith 2 today. Looks a great program but I'm having some issues.
I was wondering if anyone has a work around for the "Scale Recipe Button" not adjusting the ingredients.
I can live with the fact i can't save my profile as default but not being able to scale ingredients is a bit much.
And i almost forgot I'm constantly having to change units back to metric, for some reason it keeps going back to Imperial.
Theres only so many times i can watch the same help video...  :'(

You need to go into 'options' and change your native units to metric in the 'units' tab.  Also while there, you can set up your equipment profile to be your default in the 'brewing' tab (pull down menu of all the equipment profiles available on your computer). 

As for the scale recipe button not adjusting the ingredients, make sure that you set the equipment to your default, then check the button to 'match original gravity, color and bitterness'.  Not all the ingredients will scale proportional to the others.  If you are not making a large change in batch size, you will not see much of a change in some of the ingredients.

Additionally, you can set up a basic recipe with all of the tedious ingredients that every batch has, plus your preferred profiles, then save it as the default "new" recipe. The button to save it is hidden in plain sight right next to the "Remove Inv" button on the home ribbon.

BTW, as you create preferred profiles for equipment, mashes, fermentation and carbonation, you can save these to the database by clicking the disc icon next to each while you're in recipe view. Just be sure to rename them or you'll have a bunch of identically named profiles because BeerSmith doesn't overwrite the old profiles.

Thank You for the tips.
I'll try again tonight and report back.
cheers

<----  Drunk and stupid.
All good...  I've sussed it.
Thank You for your help.
Cheers.

Back