• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Rye Bock - First Lager

Brewmex41

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Lookin to brew this next weekend.

Looking for thoughts and feedback
Thanks!

BeerSmith 2 Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Rye Bock
Brewer:
Asst Brewer:
Style: Traditional Bock
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (30.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 7.41 gal
Post Boil Volume: 5.72 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.50 gal 
Bottling Volume: 5.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.070 SG
Estimated Color: 15.7 SRM
Estimated IBU: 25.7 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 72.0 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt                  Name                                                  Type          #        %/IBU       
11 lbs                Pale Ale Malt (4.0 SRM)                        Grain        1        73.9 %       
3 lbs                  Rye Malt (4.7 SRM)                              Grain        2        20.2 %       
8.0 oz                Crystal Rye (75.0 SRM)                        Grain        3        3.4 %       
4.0 oz                Melanoiden Malt (20.0 SRM)                Grain        4        1.7 %       
2.0 oz                Midnight Wheat (550.0 SRM)              Grain        5        0.8 %       
0.50 oz              Simcoe [14.40 %] - Boil 60.0 min        Hop        6        22.2 IBUs   
1.00 oz              Tettnang [4.50 %] - Boil 6.0 min        Hop          7        3.6 IBUs     
4.0 pkg              Bavarian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2206) [124. Yeast        8        -       

Ok, So i decided to up this to a 6.5 gallon batch, so when I rack to the carboy for lagering, I should have little to no headspace. Then I can rack the clearest 5 gallons off the top into the keg once it's time to keg. Then I can bottle the rest. I am hoping to get this brewed tomorrow!

Back