• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

November 4th 2007 bug

majkeli

Apprentice
Reaction score
This must be a special day, it's included twice on my calendar. 

It drove me nuts trying figure out why my last Sunday brew of the month wasn't falling on the right date!

Exactly where is this?  I can't duplicate it.

Fred

On the calendar view:

double4.bmp

I only have one November 4th on my calendar view, perhaps it's a Windows glitch? Maybe Brad can shed some light.

Cheers
Andrew

I found the problem - November 4th just happens to be the day that we "leap forward" this year for daylight savings time.  Apparently the change of clocks is throwing the calculation off by a day at that point.  It shows up on my calendar (West coast) but may have smaller effect for others.

The good news is that it is a very easy thing to fix - I'll post a patch shortly.  Also it only affects that month and does not affect any of the others (i.e. December).

Cheers,
Brad

BeerSmith said:
   I found the problem - November 4th just happens to be the day that we "leap forward" this year for daylight savings time.  Apparently the change of clocks is throwing the calculation off by a day at that point.  It shows up on my calendar (West coast) but may have smaller effect for others.

The good news is that it is a very easy thing to fix - I'll post a patch shortly.  Also it only affects that month and does not affect any of the others (i.e. December).

Cheers,
Brad

Which is probably why it is not affecting everyone? Does this mean the fault is related to the time and date settings on your computer? As I said, my version is not affected but I am in Australia using Australian time and date settings.

Glad to here the fix is a simple one Brad.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew,
  Yes, the effect will vary depending on your local time settings.  Apparently the "fall back" is crossing the midnight date boundary in some time zones.

Brad

Back