• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Gluten Free Ingredients

mvineyard

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Would anyone mind sharing their ingredients file for gluten free grains?

I am a rather new brewer, just purchased beersmith and have been using it to learn the process with standard grains.  My main motive was to swap over to gluten-free brewing once I had the basics down since my girlfriend loves beer but has a hell of a time with the aftermath.  I've looked up spec sheets for Breiss Sorghum and Brown Rice syrups but I am not learned enough to enter in the grain details myself.  The same goes for alternate grains like buckwheat and amaranth which I've been experimenting with.  I've been searching all over for the last two days and I can't seem to find anything.  I know I am not the first to encounter this problem and someone with more experience hopefully has created something.

The site has warned me this is an old post, so I'll be brief in case nobody ever reads it my reply...

Try millet!  In my opinion it's the best gluten-free replacement for barley.  The only real difference is you need to tighten up the crusher because the grains are small, and it produces a little less sugar per pound.  Good luck!

Back