• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Zythos Beer Festival, Belgium - April 2015

Roadrocket

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I've booked a cheap hotel in Leuven for the Zythos beer festival next year. I've done some smaller beer festivals in Belgium but never this one so I'm looking forward to it. I'm going with a couple of blokes from work and we're staying for three nights. It's quite a big festival with 100 stands serving about 500 beers so I'm looking forward to tasting as many as I can.

I want to try some of the styles I've never had before such as faro and versnijbier although I haven't yet aquired the taste for drinking too many sour beers. I prefer the dark Belgian beers made by the smaller breweries. I'm also quite partial to witbier and kriek. I'll have to download the beerlist before I go and do a bit of pre planning.

Has anybody on here been in previous years and if so what did you think?

I've looked at the Zythos web site and found out they've just increased the prices of the beer tickets by 50%. They waited until all the hotels were fully booked before they did it.

This festival now looks like it's a cynical rip-off.

Show then who's the boss.. cancel your reservations and tell the hotel why.

I emailed the Festival organisers to ask them about the price increase and they tell me they've reduced the size of the glasses but they've also lowered the price of the beer ticket so that the price per litre is the same as last year. That was not my understanding but I guess I was wrong.

I can't cancel the hotel booking as I paid the non flexible price. I am happy to stay in the hotel as I got a good price. I'll probably spend just one day at the festival and spend the rest of the time in Brussels and Antwerp or whatever.

Back