• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith running under Wine on Ubuntu

S

Speyedr

I am running Beersmith 1.4 under Wine 0.9.43.  I followed all of the instructions on the FAQ and everything is working fine except the Print Preview and Print functions.  Thsi also effect the Preview Brew Sheet function that I rely on so much.  I love Beersmith WAY more than Windows, so I'd love to run it under my Ubuntu installation.  If anyone knows the DLLs involved in the preview and printing functions for Beersmith that may solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Rob,
  I don't know how to fix the direct print functions under Wine, but I do know that you can still view the brewsheet by giong to your "My Recipes" view and then selecting one of the brewsheet formats from the drop-down menu on the top toolbar.  As a workaround, I believe you can also export or copy/paste data from the preview window to another application to print it.  Most of the formats can be exported as HTML which any browser can open and print.

Cheers!
Brad

You need to install ie. I couldn't get it to installed with the ie6setup.exe so I used ies4Linux to install it. Coopied  ~/.ies4linux/ie6 to ~/.wine and then reinstalled BeerSmith. You could also export WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6 instead of copying to .wine and then reinstall.

Thanks,
  That does make sense since BeerSmith uses Internet Explorer calls to implement the printing function for HTML related files.

Cheers!
Brad

gott said:
You need to install ie. I couldn't get it to installed with the ie6setup.exe so I used ies4Linux to install it. Coopied  ~/.ies4linux/ie6 to ~/.wine and then reinstalled BeerSmith. You could also export WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6 instead of copying to .wine and then reinstall.

Hello gott,

Which version MSIE did you get? I'm unable to print from ie6 and then from Beersmith.

error message is:
fixme:commdlg:pRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgA No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:pRINTDLG_WMCommandA Update printdlg was not successful!

I searched google for help but didn't find any relevant answer.

Printing with other wine applications works fine so it's not a printer configuration problem.

Sorry for posting this "out of scope" question here but maybe you can help.

Back