• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

why does amount change?

F

Fuzzuy

When I go into the miscellaneous folder and select PH 5.2 stabilizer and edit the amount for 1/2 tbsp instead of the 1 tbsp, when I open it in the recipe file, it comes up as .53 tbsp.  I get the same problem when in the recipe folder and I choose Irish Moss.  If I open it in the miscellaneous folder the amount says 1 tbsp but when I select it in the recipe folder to add to my recipes, it always comes up as 1.05 tbsp.  Why are these numbers different and how do I get them to stay the same?

Hi,
  If you notice in the Misc view, the amounts shown are for a particular volume of beer.  For example, Ph 5.2 stabilizer is 1 tbsp per 5 gal of beer.  The amount gets scaled by your batch size when you add it, so if you are brewing 6 gal it will be 1.2 tbsp. 

You can always change the amount when adding any ingredient - just adjust the amount at the bottom of the "Choose" dialog when adding the ingredient.

Cheers!
Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  If you notice in the Misc view, the amounts shown are for a particular volume of beer.  For example, Ph 5.2 stabilizer is 1 tbsp per 5 gal of beer.  The amount gets scaled by your batch size when you add it, so if you are brewing 6 gal it will be 1.2 tbsp. 

You can always change the amount when adding any ingredient - just adjust the amount at the bottom of the "Choose" dialog when adding the ingredient.

Cheers!
Brad

thanks Brad

Back