• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith wxWidgets Debug Alert

panozs

Apprentice
Reaction score
I use my Beersmith software between my Mac and a windows pc. I do it by sharing the beersmith folder in dropbox and sync it between these two machines.

I can share my recipes and check things with no problem but when I try to use the "Search All" recipe search function I get an error message on my Mac, which is my main machine, concerning a "wxWidgets Debug Alert".
Whatever I might choose to click to continue the search option becomes not functional. I have not noticed anything else affected from that but even the search not working is enough of a headache...

Below is a screenshot to see what I am talking about.

Anyone has a solution or a workaround about that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 9.37.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-23 at 9.37.59 PM.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 401
The current version of BeerSmith (2.2.12) doesn't support dropbox as a cloud folder (or any other independent cloud). Sorry.

This may change in a future update. Brad suggests using the BeerSmith cloud.

Supporting dropbox or similar services I think it would be really helpful since I can only share 15 recipes through beersmith cloud and no equipment or other profiles. I'd like to search whether my available ingredients in my inventory list could form a recipe in a among all of my stored recipes rather than max of 15 recipes...

Thanks for your help though

Agreed.

Plus multiple folders, selective sharing (like with just recipe collaborators) and availability of the shopping list on multiple devices.

Back