• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Starter tab using washed yeast

jrnoyes

Apprentice
Reaction score
This has probably been answered before, however I am new to BS and search to no avail. So if it has forgive my newbie ignorance. The yeast tab in BS looks like it is for "new" yeast. I have read and read trying to find out what the viability or cell count would be with washed yeast in order to find out how big a starter to make. The info out there is confusing for a beginner to say the least.

So with all that how do you all use the BS starter tab when using washed yeast? Is there an adjustment that I can make to ensure that I am using this correctly and that I have the correct pitch rate?

Thanks for any and all help...You guys have been a great for growing my homebrew knowledge.

I don't use the pitch calculator in BeerSmith.  I use Mr. Malty.  It has pitch rates for yeast slurry.

http://www.mrmalty.com/calc/calc.html

Back