• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My first brew!

ndmonkey

Apprentice
Reaction score

Hello everyone!
I'm happy to say that my first attempt at homebrew turned out rather well!  I did use an extract recipe, as I was learning, and plus I don't have the space right now.  Apartment living :|

Anyways, I did a simple red ale, and named it Red River Red Ale, as a homage to my roots in Fargo ND :)  I'm excited to try my hand at a new brew soon!

Welcome to the homebrew world. I too had good success with my first extract brew and continued doing extract for a few years before I moved on to all grain. Started out bottling and now have a 4 keg Keezer. So welcome to the club just be aware it can become an obsession.

Good for you. I did the same thing on my first brew, then did a partial extract on the second. Now it is all grain. Cheers.  :)

Oh yes a slippery slope. It starts off with just a quick extract recipe - but before long you are obsessively reading brew catalogs and dreaming of Stainless Steel conicals!

+1 On the slippery slope. Mr Beer on Christmas turn in to 2 20 gal kettles with 5500 W heater controlled by a pid control panel, to stainless steel pumps, large igloo cooler, 2 chest freezer (one for kegs and one as a fermenting chamber) controlled by a web controller, frown and sometimes smile from wife. And dreaming of Stainless Steel conicals!

Congrats! Welcome to the greatest addiction of all time! Home brewing. Better than golf, and almost cheaper.

Back