• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Trouble Finding My Recipes & Profiles In A Re-Activated BS-2.0

BradRocker

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction here....

Let's see - I will keep this as simple as possible.

I recently revamped my laptop.  Prior to doing so, I made a "clone drive" or exact copy, of my laptop prior to wiping it.  This was in the event that things went south.  On my "clone drive" was my BeerSmith 2 with 30 some recipes, all of my equipment profiles, modifications, etc. that I used on a daily basis up until this morning when I redid my laptop.

Once I revamped my laptop, I plugged in my "clone drive" and copied all the BeerSmith folders (C:programFiles(x86)), etc. back into the exact location.  I had a shortcut to BeerSmith in a folder that I use on my desktop as well.

Everything copied over perfectly.  I opened BeerSmith only to be told to reactivate (which I did), and now all of my profiles, recipes, mods, etc. are gone. 

Is there any way I can get those profiles and recipes back in there - other than redoing them all 1 at a time? 

Anyone have any insight on any of this, or have some helpful hints that I might be able to use.

Thanks in advance!  Cheers!

Simply recopy the Documents/BeerSmith2 folder and paste it to replace the same directory on the new computer.

Make sure BeerSmith is closed at the time you do this.

I thought I did this already.  When I redid my laptop, obviously I didn't have the BS folder on the new laptop, so I simply dragged the folder from the clone drive back over to the new laptop location - C:programFiles(x86).  That was the file path for the original folder.

Am I missing something here?

Sorry if I am...  Been a long night of copy, paste, remove, delete, format, copy, move, plug in, copy, paste, etc. haha

The file path you're describing is for the program itself. You should do a clean install from the BeerSmith website. You'll have to enter your activation number again.

The folder path with all of your recipes and custom profiles is C:\Documents\BeerSmith2

After you've installed BeerSmith and entered your activation number, close BeerSmith.  Then, from the mirror drive, copy the C:\Documents\BeerSmith2 folder and paste it into the same location on the new computer.

Now I am picking up what you are throwing down.  I was unaware that there would be 2 container folders.  1 in the ProgramFiles, then another in the Documents.

Well, I am already reactivated, so I will do as you instructed here quick and I will report back shortly. 

Thanks for you patients and help here.  It's appreciated.

UPDATE:  Did as you instructed and it's all there like it was yesterday.  Moved the C:Documents/BeerSmith from the clone drive right over to the coinciding location on the laptop and Presto!

I cannot thank you enough for the help.  I truly thought I was going to be spending the rest of the weekend transferring recipes and profiles one at a time.

It MAGIC!

Cheers!

Back