• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 2.2.12 Printing Recipe font too dark against dark header bar.

PICCOLO-BREW

Apprentice
Reaction score
I like to print my recipes and I'm finding that when I view the recipe report within BeerSmith in the bottom right view pane the Header Font / Recipe Title is White on a deep gradient Blue which is perfect and easy to read.
But when I try and print it the fonts prints as grey and is very hard to see on the printed page.
This grey font is also apparent in the print preview page just before printing, but goes even darker on the print.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this please or if it's a bug in the program?

Thanks,
Frank

Attachments

• BeerSmithPrint-2.JPG
    BeerSmithPrint-2.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 352
  • BeerSmithPrint-1.JPG
    BeerSmithPrint-1.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 347
I got here because I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever figure it out?  I zipped through the style.css but couldn't find text set as anything grey.

Found this on a different post.  If you save the file, open it in a different browser and print it seems to work fine.  Although I did have to manually fix the path to the beer glass icon.

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »

I've not seen this before.  BeerSmith uses Internet Explorer to print as a plugin (it is just printing plain HTML files).  Check that everything prints correctly from IE itself.  Sometimes if you have an IE setting wrong it will not print.

Also - you can export the files using the Save Report button on the Preview window (My Recipes - preview pane at the bottom has this button on it).  This lets you save the files and print them separately.

Brad

Back