• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tribute Extra

iwilladams

Apprentice
Reaction score
Has anyone tried St Austell Brewery's new Tribute Extra? To my knowledge it's not around for long but if you get the chance to try some please do so! It's nice and hoppy and at 5.2% it hits the spot! I would love to be able to replicate it! Help?!

Tribute is a decent enough session beer but it's far too expensive. The last one I had was at the CAMRA Great British Beer Festival at £4.20 a pint. It's never worth that sort of money. 

I went to a small beer festival in Brixham last year where the locals were raving about Proper Job but I don't see it myself. Its just a very ordinary bitter with a bit of cascade chucked in to make it taste 'American'. It doesn't work and at £4.10 a pint it was also far too expensive. They sold a lot, but not to me.

I'll keep a look out for Tribute extra. It sounds good and I might buy some if it's not too expensive.

I am yet to find tribute extra on draught however supermarkets have been stocking it in bottles, not sure if it's just native to us in Cornwall but fingers crossed it isn't because like I said it's well worth a try!

Back