• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Trying To Add Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt To Ingredients

LiquidFlame

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping you guys can help me out.  I'm trying to add Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt into my ingredients, but having trouble with some of the values.  I can't figure out what the Potential SG and Coarse Fine Difference is for the grain.  Below is the link the to malt analysis sheet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/Assets/PDFs/Briess_PISB_SmokedMaltCherryWood.pdf

Thanks.

If you go to 'Add-ons' you can add the whole selection of Briess malts and the cherrywood smoked malt is among them.  If you just want to key in the malt by itself, I have the potential as 1.037 and the c/f difference as 1.5%.

That's weird, I already have the Briess malts in my ingredients.  I guess I'll have to look through the list more carefully.

Thanks.

We understand...One gets so damned excited to brew something different, vision is the first thing to go! Good luck on the cook out!

Greetings,

I too am looking for the Cherrywood profile.  I've installed the Briess Add-on and can't find the cherrywood listed anywhere.  I've even done a search.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any help.

-Patrick

It's in the add on. But, here's the profile.

Attachments

• Briess Cherrywood Malt.bsmx
    1.3 KB · Views: 72
Also, just wanted to post that I downloaded the Briess add-on and cherrywood smoked malt wasn't included in my download either.

Thanks for the download file. I was able to add it from that.

Back