• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Separate window for Tools & Converters

V

vMark1

When I am using Beersmith, I find I'm often bouncing back & forth between the recipe views and the tools & converters.  It would be VERY convenient to have the option to display the Tools & Converters in a separate view/window, so as to be able to click back & forth between the recipe and these tools.  Perhaps this is already feasible and I am just not finding the right parameter to tweak.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark,
  No, this is not available yet, but you can preview a recipe in a window (Right click on the recipe and choose "Preview in New Window") while still having another tool open.

I'm thinking for version 2.0 I will have all of the options available (perhaps like Firefox where you can Shift-click to open a separate window, and Control-click to open a separate tab with tabbed browsing, or click to just open a tool in the same tab like it does today).  In addition there might be options where one could override it so all tools open in a separate window, or all recipes open in separate tabs.

Also - I've been experimenting with split tabs where you could display two tabs side by side in the same view -- for example have a recipe and tool open side by side in separate panes.

I'm just starting to experiment with new interface options - but I want to make it more flexible than it is today.  For example I have two screens on my computer and would love to be able to do multiple frame displays when working on recipes.

Cheers!
Brad

Back