• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Addition of Sinamar to BS

biergarden

Brewer
Reaction score
There's a way to add ingredients to Beer Smith. Even though there's a way to do that, I find that by adding Sinamar to the ingredient list, there is no way to add the lovibond  scale that affects the SRM value of the beer.
Or, am I missing something?

biergarden said:
There's a way to add ingredients to Beer Smith. Even though there's a way to do that, I find that by adding Sinamar to the ingredient list, there is no way to add the lovibond  scale that affects the SRM value of the beer.
Or, am I missing something?

SRM is at the top of the right hand column.

To get the correct coloring for dosing, you have to divide a pound of sinamar into a gallon of water. That should give you a SRM of about 380.

Sinamar also has fermentable extract in it. The same dosing should yield about 1.030.

Those numbers are extrapolated from Weyermann's specs of 3200 SRM and 53 Plato in concentrated form.

Back