• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Health Benefits of Beer

cafelinhchi

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, my boss at work was asked to help a journalist with preparing an article for the NY times (I believe) on the health benefits of beer. I have been looking for scientific studies on this topic, and I also figured that this may be a great place to get some information. I am not looking for "common knowledge" but more scientific studies like benefits for groups of people or say measurements of antioxidant levels or nutrients etc...

If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it. And no I don't think I will be an author for this or get any benefit myself from this but I find it interesting enough to take part anyways.

Làm thế nào về bài viết này ?

http://www.medicaldaily.com/7-health-benefits-drinking-alcohol-247552

Yeah...What he said....I think.
Làm thế nào về bài viết này ?

http://www.benefitsofbeer.com/nutritional-value-of-beer.shtml
You may also want to research the value of hops. This is a new non pharmaceutical wonder that has uses for everything from hair conditioner to ulcer cures. Plus, making beer makes even the crappiest water taste great and not give you the "Revenge"

It's Vietnamese. Just like the signature of OP. Not sure why someone with a business signature located in Vietnam would have any association with a NY Times article so it's just an odd thing to greet another odd thing. 

my Neurologist told me to drink 2 home or craft brews a day, preferably  unfiltered.  helps the essential tremor that I have 

yes I truly Believe That the Alcohol has the batter results when you Intake of any work, that gives you new energy thoughts to be innovate of  your work, Some It Does Help Me to Sort it out these elements to get involve with problems! Except of these if you would like to use thenutritionsupplements that's really matters

I have read that  the hops act as a diuretic to cleanse your system and make you drink more water. They also have mild antioxidant abilities and help to relax you. I have heard some people make hop pillows and the aroma alone induces sleep to those who have issues with that.

Moderate amounts of beer help to lift the spirits as well.

However, there is a downside. Beer is an acidic drink and too much beer- like lots everyday - can lead to an acidic body causing many issues, the main one being GOUT. If you have a kegerator and dispense many brews for yourself daily you can get gout which is a uric acid accumulation. It takes a few months of overuse to create the imbalance. Very painful and can be crippling for a while. I speak from experience.
Balance your system with lots of water and alkalizing foods like celery, celery seed tea, green teas , eat lots of fruits and veggies. Cut down on meat and dairy which contributes to an acidic body condition, drink beer in moderation and keep gout at bay, for those over 50 years old anyway.

CHEERS,

Anti-cancer properties, increased bone density, and treatment for hypertension.

Per - https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/beverage/health-benefits-of-beer.html

Back