• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Tasting Kits

BigBBrew

Brewer
Reaction score
I have developed a taste in a few batches that I can't describe. I am thinking of ordering a tasting kit from either Cicerone or Siebel or Cicerone. Has anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on which kit is best?

Siebel makes the kits for both BJCP and Cicerone programs. This means that the flavor training will be consistent. Last time I checked, there were a lot more flavors available through the BJCP, than Cicerone. If you're a BJCP judge, you can order a kit for a pretty reasonable price.

Thanks brewfun. I Haven't decided which set I'll purchase. Off flavor set is $150 and complete flavor is $250.

I'd go for the complete flavor kit. A great brewer recognizes appropriate flavors as well as flaws. Besides, with the exception of papery oxidation and chlorophenol, "off" flavors have styles where they're perfectly appropriate within a certain range.

Back