Author Topic: Dilemma - Business trip is delaying bottling  (Read 3317 times)


  • Guest
Dilemma - Business trip is delaying bottling
« on: October 21, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »
I'm a relative rookie, this is just my 3rd batch but so far the results have been very satisfying.  I have my 3rd batch in the primary and there is still action at the airlock (every 40 seconds).  This batch is a Brewer's Best WEIZENBIER with 1 lb of Honey added.  The last time I made this beer (without the honey) it was ready for bottling on ~6 days.  I assume the additional sugar (honey) will extend the fermentation.  It has been 8 days so far.  My problem is I have a business trip and will not be able to bottle for another 4 days.  Is it a problem if the fermentation stops in the next day but the brew sits another 3 daysbefore I bottle?

Thanks in advance for any advice!



  • Guest
Re: Dilemma - Business trip is delaying bottling
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »
It will be fine.  I let mine go for 3 weeks in primary for most beer and bottle or keg from there.

No worries.  Just make sure you take gravity reading for 2 or 3 days to make sure that your FG is stable.  Bubbles don't mean all that much.