• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

hop strain inclusion

BILLY BREW

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Tried to add a new hop to my database, but it wouldn't work.
This is the spec on it. I tried to add to new hops and put everything in, but it didn't register.
Any help out there? I am using it for a smoked American brown. I want to be able to stick it in the recipe
http://www.nzhops.co.nz/varieties/motueka.html

Motueka6-8% AA, 5-6% beta

Medium acid strain derived from Saaz and shows similar lemon character, but more “tropical”. Formerly called Belgian Saaz. Shows a foul diesel fume and onion / garlic odor at times, but can also be cleaner, brighter, fruitier, depending on freshness and preservation.

Selection:

First impressions are a very lively and lifted lemon and lime followed by a background of tropical fruit. This variety displays similarities to its Saazer parent through its levels of Farnesene typically around the 12 % mark however the higher alpha also makes this hop more desirable in dual purpose applications. It imparts a balanced bitterness as well as a desirable new world “noble” type aroma.
Brewer’s notes:

An excellent hop in many applications from first kettle additions through to late gift.  This hop offers a unique aroma and flavour making it suitable for producing bigger more traditional style Lagers, especially Bohemian Pilsener. Excellent when employed in multiple additions from a single hop bill and sits well on the palate to balance speciality malt sweetness. An excellent variety for Belgian Ales and gives a real edge to Cask Bitter.

Click Ingredients/Hops/Add Hops, put info in and click OK
It might be there. It doesn't aplhabatize when its first inserted for some reason even if you have sorting set to name.

Or you could just click on the Add_ons button and download the 2013 Hop Update. That has Motueka in it already.

that is what I tried to do, not once but 3 times, and it didn't take...Must be something with my 'puter, or the operator...

Back