• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipments and Mash Profiles for All Electric Blichmann RIMS and 10 Gal Pots

brett

Brewer
Reaction score
I am a newbee to all grain brewing and I am currently setting up my brewing system - I have not yet run a batch and I am trying to get everything figured out first. I read both Brad's article on equipment profile configuration and Pat's pinned post. Both are excellent and will be a great help.

Still, I was hoping someone has already done this and had profiles available for starting points.  I thought I recalled during one of the John Blichmann interviews it being said that such profiles were available on one or the other's sites.  Can anyone point me at a URL or provide profiles for equipment that may be close?

It sure would be nice if equipment profiles were included in the Add Ons within BeerSmith 2.

I have three Blichmann 10 Gal pots.  My HLT and BK use 220V BoilCoils and my MT uses the 220V RIMS Rocket.  I'm looking forward to brewing indoors!  Thanks!

I am sort of half way there.  With respect to the Equipment Profiles, Blichmann provides much of the needed preliminary data on the "Data" tab at http://www.blichmannengineering.com/products/boilermaker.  Folks may contact me if they want more details.

I'm still trying to work out the Mash Profile to include a dough-in, RIMS heated mash, and mash-out steps.  Its never too late to put your two-cents in!  ;)

Back