• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Any Icon Artists Out There?

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,
  For a future version of BeerSmith, I want to update all of the icons with some nice 32 bit high res icons (png with alpha transparency, with a minimum size of 48x48 and some up to 128x128).  While it is relatively easy to get many main toolbar icons, it is difficult to create nice custom icons for various brewing operations.  In addition I would like a set of icons to represent various beer colors accurately.

Unfortunately I have no artistic ability, and I'm useless with various paint programs.

Does anyone have any talent in making decent icon graphics?  Please contact me via email if you are interested...

Thanks,
Brad

Bump...

I'm still looking for an artist.  Willing to pay a reasonable fee per icon if you can do a good job.  Email me if interested...

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hello all,
  For a future version of BeerSmith, I want to update all of the icons with some nice 32 bit high res icons (png with alpha transparency, with a minimum size of 48x48 and some up to 128x128).  While it is relatively easy to get many main toolbar icons, it is difficult to create nice custom icons for various brewing operations.  In addition I would like a set of icons to represent various beer colors accurately.

Unfortunately I have no artistic ability, and I'm useless with various paint programs.

Does anyone have any talent in making decent icon graphics?  Please contact me via email if you are interested...

Thanks,
Brad

Brad

I am a member at a large technology site.  Although I do not have the skills you need, there may be someone with this interest. 

Unfortunately, my best friends funeral is tomorrow and my mind is not on organizing right now.  But please, give me a week and send me a PM.  I will post your request.

Also, I have seen you at Home Brew Talk every now and then and you are highly respected within that community.  HBT has a, "Label Display and Discussion" forum.  I believe graphic type folks work that forum and maybe you could send a request their way.

BUMP...  Brad, Are you still looking?  I have a friend that is not only a good artist, but also brews beer and mountain bikes.  Let me know if I should PM you with his info.

My registration code and follow up email went into Spamland, so it may make more sense to have me hit you.

Let me know,

Blake

Blake,
  I have a person working on them at the moment, but if there are any problems I'll let you know. 

Also, it looks like it will be easy to change icon sets in the future version for those artistically inclined to do so...so that may create some interesting possibilities.

Thanks,
Brad

Back