• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Timer Issue?

brewser

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm using BeerSmith 2.2.12 on my Mac running OS 10.9.4 (AKA Mavericks). When I set the timer for a boil, it will only sound when I have BeerSmith open; if I happen to be have another application open at the time that the timer should sound (say, for a hop addition), it will simply proceed to the next step without alerting me. This is frustrating.

Is there a setting somewhere to fix this, or is this just the way BeerSmith 2.2.12 is built?

Many thanks.

I've had two others with a similar issue but I was unable to duplicate it.  I'm hoping you can help me narrow it down.

Is this happening when you have another tool/window open in BeerSmith or is it happening when you have another entirely different apple application running on top?  I would like to fix this as soon as I can get it duplicated.  It seems to be a Mavericks issue.

Brad

Back