• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Multiple Users - Same Computer

Waldner

Brewer
Reaction score
I would like to be able to use BeerSmith from a guest account on my computer that I already have it installed on to do a demo of the software for my homebrew club. However, it appears I have to purchase another copy for the same computer just to be able to do this. I'm using Windows 7. Is there a way to access the same BeerSmith program on the same computer from a different account on the computer? Thanks

BeerSmith works from the windows user login. I believe if you create a different windows account, it'll view that account's user/documents/BeerSmith2 folder. You'd share recipes between them via the BeerSmith cloud.

Thanks but it's not working like that for me. I can see the BeerSmith2 folder and then run the program, but then it requests me to put in my activation code like it's never run it before.

Each user will need an activation code. You can use the same code as the primary.

Thanks, so does that then count against the two users I get with each copy? I don't necessarily want to use one of my options twice for the same computer and essentially same user.

Waldner said:
Thanks, so does that then count against the two users I get with each copy? I don't necessarily want to use one of my options twice for the same computer and essentially same user.

Yes. ...Choices. We all gotta make 'em.

When you're done with the demo, just delete the user and data. I'm confident that you can reuse the activation code for a future device.

Back