• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2.2.12 keeps telling me there's a new version

flyingdog

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have BS 2.2.12 installed and every time I launch it I get a notice that there is a new version. I am behind a firewall (that I cannot control) so the download always fails because BS doesn't have any support for such things.

However, if I go to the website the only version available for download is the same version I have installed. 

How do I either 1) Get a more recent version; or 2) get rid of the annoying update notice?

Thanks.

I've never seen this and I'm not sure how blocking the internet connection would cause it to falsely report an update.  Just to double check - try downloading and installing the latest version (even though you have 2.2.12) and see if that resolves it.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
I've never seen this and I'm not sure how blocking the internet connection would cause it to falsely report an update. 

I don't know the coding for it, but when a firewall blocks BeerSmith from pinging the update site, the error is always "A new version is available." I've seen this error a few times when my firewall is in public mode. This seems like a simple matching checkup and if the desktop version doesn't receive an answer it assumes the product is out of date.

Back