• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Library of common hopped extracts (kits)

L

luwak

I would love to see a library of common hopped extracts (kits) from major manufactures included in the software.

It would make the software even more approachable for newcomers, like me, considering how tricky it currently is to work backwards to fudge hop equivalents.

Thanks

Hi,
  I would certainly like to do it, but unfortunately I have not yet been able to locate a good source for accurate hopping data from the various manufacturers.  If anyone has good references for the hopped extracts, we can certainly look into entering them.

Brad

Perhaps we or the software will have to be working from what is already common public knowledge about hopped extracts. Colour and Bitterness.

If manufactures are understandably not necessarily going to give away hopping secrets then the software may need to internally fudge hop equivalents from the known Bitterness of any given extract. Perhaps with the option of entering real hopping data if known.

Jeff

I have attached a spreadsheet of kit colours/bitterness at 23L I found on the aussiehomebrewer.com forum.

Hope it is of some use to you

Jeff

Attachments

• kits.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 444
  Actually that is very helpful - I think I can work the extract IBU mods into the next version.

Cheers!
Brad

Good news. It should make a lot of new brewers very happy. Myself included.

Thanks Brad.

Jeff

Back