• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredient Needed for BeerSmith - Briess CBW Rye LME

Dr. Van Nostran

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to work on a roggenbier recipe in BeerSmith 2 and have been unable to find the Briess CBW Rye liquid malt exact, either in the general ingredient list under grains or in any of the add-ons.  I assumed that since this isn't a very unusual ingredient it must be in the program somewhere, but I've looked through all the add-ons as well as searching the discussion archives and can't find any mention of it.

Can anyone help me locate where this specific ingredient is?  Is there an add-on that has it, and if so which one?  If it's not in any add-ons is there a way for me to add the LME to the ingredient list?  I know you can add new ingredients, but I'm worried that there's not enough info from the manufacturer for me to create an accurate profile for the rye LME.

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question - I've only been using the software for a few weeks now and while it's been incredibly helpful to me in crafting recipes, I seem to be stuck on finding this one ingredient.

Thanks in advance.

go to the ingredient tab,  select grain, make sure the home tab is selected and you will see an ADD GRAIN tab.  Google your grain and you will find the specs to enter. Breiss posts all the data on their website of their extracts and grain. Add those specs to the new grain tab you created, name it and save it. cheers

Thanks - I did end up adding it in myself using the Briess website.  I was just worried I may have missed something in the specifics - but this should do,. thanks.

I am trying to add the same Rye extract to my database. This is the first time I have added a custom ingredient and I am confused as to what data from the Briess data sheet goes where. 

What values did you use?

Thanks!

Back