• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

spargeing

D

dobie

hi, a beersmith virgin here, i looked around previous posts first but didnt find anything so here goes;
i know hen i sparge i use between 1 and 1.5 gal sparge water per gal. of grain, but for the sake of laziness,, after i put my recipe info in how do i see the amount of sparge water i need to use, i typically use a "fly sparge", i think thats what its called, what i do is slowly drain my tun and at the same time im infusing sparge water to the grain bed at about the same ratio that it is being drained, keeping about one inch of water above the grain bed
thanks for any advice
dobie

duhh, ???
i think i found my answer, i clicked on the preview brew sheet button and it had the sparge water amount there,, is that the answer to my question?
so far ive use this program for about 5 or 6 batches and ive really found it very helpfull, i especially like the brewhouse effeciency, that has allready helped fix some problems that i didnt know i had
keep up the good work
dobie

Back